One question frequently asked by self-employment applicants in Germany is: “What are the costs associated with purchasing a GmbH in Germany? ” Stay with us to answer the above question in this article from Wise Business Group.
If you plan to buy a GmbH company in Germany, you need to consider two types of costs in general:
In the following, we will explain these two types of costs. Of course, we should mention that the announced fees are approximate and may vary depending on the type of business activity and the founder’s need.
Read more at Wise Business Group: The steps of a Business Set-up in Germany
Generally, the purchasing costs and initial capital required for a GmbH company in Germany are as follows:
• Costs of the notary office, company registration, and other costs related to the transfer and personalization of the company in Germany (The notary costs). These costs are approximately between 1000 and 2000 Euros.
• Costs of the provider who handles the company purchase in Germany for you. In other words, the costs of initial discussions and negotiations about the company purchase contract in Germany. Usually, these costs will be around 1500 euros.
Wise Business Group, as a provider, is ready to provide services for you to do all the actions related to the company purchase in Germany. Just do not hesitate to contact us.
• Payment of initial capital of 25,000 euros for a GmbH company in Germany that has been active before, or payment of purchase price equal to 28,000 euros for a company that has already been established in Germany but has not had any commercial activity.
In both cases above, you can use 25,000 euros for doing activities of the company.
Read more at Wise Business Group: Sale of a GmbH company in Germany
The following fees also apply to the t conversion and personalization of a GmbH in Germany:
• Legal costs related to the converting and personalizing process of the company in Germany, such as the costs of changing the name, drawing up the company’s articles of association, and the CEO’s employment contract. If you must pay these costs, they will be around 6500 euros on the whole.
• Legal costs related to the notification regarding establishing the new company to relevant authorities and institutions in Germany, such as the Department of Commercial Supervision, Revenue, Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK), and the like. The overall amount required to pay these costs will be 2800 euros if necessary.
In conclusion, to buy a GmbH in Germany, you need to pay the direct costs of the purchase and the legal costs associated with converting the company to the structure you want as an entrepreneur.
The costs of purchasing a company in Germany include:
The legal costs for converting the company to the desired structure in Germany are:
Contact us if you need more information about purchasing a company or support for starting a business in Germany. Wise Business Group offers comprehensive services to start your business and register a company in Germany.
You can also fill out the following form and send it to us to hold an online counseling session.